Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red Rooster Quilts

Do you ever have one of those moments when you walk into a place and you're awestruck but what you see? Usually this happens to me on vacations when we go to cool museums. Today this happened when I walked into Red Rooster Quilts in Dublin, Ohio. I was not expecting to see that much freaking fabric!

I was in heaven. Pure bliss. Pure awesomeness. I went trying to find fabric for my penguin quilt. Most of the quilt you can basically use scraps for but I wanted to make sure all my penguin bodies matched. I think I spent an hour and a half in there... That's a long time for me. I kept wanting to buy Christmas fabric because I want to make a Christmas quilt and a tree skirt for my tree. But I've vowed not to buy any fabric ever again unless I have a pattern in mind. Plus I can't work on several projects at once...

I probably had 20 fabrics that I picked out that I wanted to buy though. Being a good girl I put most of them back since I plan on raiding mom's scrap fabric when I'm home next weekend. I did buy the black and white fabric for the penguins and a blue/white fabric that I can use in the one ice skating scene. It's days like today that make me wish I was rich so that I could buy everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment